Welcome to Art of Chiropractic in Asheville, NC
“Chiropractic embraces the science of life, the knowledge of how organisms act in health and disease, and also the art of adjusting the neuroskeleton.”
~ Daniel David Palmer, founder of modern chiropractic
This artistic form of healthcare is what visitors to Asheville’s Art of Chiropractic experience, and through it they achieve new states of balance and growth, both physically and mentally. Chiropractic forms one part of a healthy lifestyle, and as such is necessary in preventing and overcoming disease. Our energy level, creative abilities, and sense of well-being are directly related to our spinal health. It’s nerves have a direct relationship with the functioning of our brain and body. A healthy spine means a healthy individual.
“Look well to the spine for the cause of disease.”
Art of Chiropractic is an Asheville-based, family-oriented chiropractic and wellness center. We welcome both children and adults, if you think you’re too old for our clinic you’re probably dead and we can’t help you. At Art of Chiropractic, we create customized treatments for all stages and walks of life.
Most people know that chiropractic adjustments relieves neck pain and chronic back pain, but did you know they can help you digest your food better, aid in the prevention of illness, providing improved organ function, and make you more beautiful. Everyone is more beautiful when they are smiling! Adjustments effectively address a myriad of other issues, providing migraine and sciatic pain relief, treatment for sports injuries and whiplash, and even helping to alleviate symptoms of anxiety and depression.
No human body is like another: each person has his or her own taste of music or food preferences. At Art of Chiropractic, we understand your individuality. Consider us your chiropractic wellness center. Dr. Leipold is an Asheville chiropractor who takes a holistic approach to healing and wellness. All of our services are hand tailored to each patient’s exact needs, and we examine patients’ complaints from every angle.
Injured at work or in a car accident? We specialize in personal injuries and honor Workers’ Compensation.
Would you like to know more? Come in for a free consultation. Call us at 828-575-9631, or go to our Contact page to send us an email. If you’re experiencing chronic back pain, neck pain, migraines or other discomfort, or if you have concerns about your health, please come talk to us. We want to put you on the road to a life that is free of pain.
Many people are unsure about what to expect on their first visit to a chiropractor. Dr. Leipold’s experience with different healthcare modalities and his outlook on life have given him the desire and ability to address spinal health, as well as meeting the needs of each patient. Dr. Leipold believes that ultimately we are in charge of our own health, spinal and otherwise, and he places great importance on ensuring that all of his patients have a clear understanding of health and the healing process. He and all of the staff at Art of Chiropractic are always ready to answer questions and provide guidance and support.
Prior to your first visit with us, please read and fill out our Patient Intake Form, which you can find by clicking on this Patient Intake Form link. Once you fill out the form on your PC, it will be sent directly to our office. Our website is completely secure, utilizing HTTPS encryption, which protects your information from being seen by any third party.
What Will Happen on your First Visit
On your first visit to Art of Chiropractic, you and Dr. Leipold will discuss the reason for your visit and begin to assess the best course of treatment. The first visit includes the following:
- Discussion of your health history (part of the Patient Intake Form).
- Physical examination: Range of motion, sensory, motor, and reflex tests. Followed by Orthopedic and Neurological tests.
- X-rays: may or may not be required. When X-rays are deemed appropriate/necessary, we will refer you Asheville Open MRI, or the imaging center of your choice.
- Review of exam findings: This is when we discuss “what’s going on”, and how we can help.
- Obtaining your informed consent: We always work within our patients “comfort zone”. Your safety and comfort are our priority.
- Palliative treatment: We help you feel better with our “hands on” approach to healing.
Your second visit:
On your second and subsequent visits:
- Conservative Adjustments: this type of adjustment realigns your bones to their correct placements (removing subluxation). Adjustments reduce nerve interference that the subluxation is causing, restores proper structural alignment to your bones, and relieves pain.
- Therapeutic Procedures: these procedures (such as therapeutic massage, electric modalities, cold laser, and distraction treatments) are intended to accelerate recovery.
- Neuromuscular Therapy – this typically involves the use of pressure on specific “trigger points” to provide relief from chronic pain.
- Retraining/Rehabilitative Exercises – increase spinal stability and maximize results.
- Patient Education – a very important aspect of the recovery process, education aids in preventing future occurrences of problems.
Progress Through Treatment
As you progress in your treatment, we will periodically conduct reevaluations in order to assess your progress.
“The Doctor of the future will give no medicine but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet and in the cause and prevention of disease.” ~ Thomas Edison
If you would like to make an appointment with Art of Chiropractic, or have questions please call us at 828-575-9631 or go to our Contact page to send us an email.